Law Firm of Michael W. Porter 727-327-7600
The following will assist you in learning more about Guardianships in Florida.
• Florida Guardianship – A summary of the procedures necessary to seek appointment as Guardian under Florida law.
• Minor Guardianships – Procedures for the appointment of a Guardian for a minor (under the age of eighteen) to receive distributions from an estate, insurance proceeds or personal injury settlement which exceeds $15,000.00.
• Guardian Advocate – Streamlined procedures for the appointment of a Guardian for a person with Developmental Disabilities.
• Alternatives to Guardianship – It may be possible to avoid the need of a court appointed Guardianship by proper planning for incapacity.
• See below for Articles & Guardianship Forms: